Filene's Running of the Brides: A Bad Idea for the Feint of Heart
When one plans a wedding, it's probably a good idea to get some kind of dress. Sometime, that's not so easy. At least I knew to stay away from the Running of the Brides.....
In no particular order:
- Shop with a bride who is 17 years younger than you are.
- Shop with a bride who is a size "0".
- Combine the above 2.
- Wear ratty granny panties.
- Shop on a 100 degree day, in a bridal salon with no A/C.
- Shope before you lose that 25 lbs.
- Tell the bridal consultant your REAL budget. Cut it in half, because you know she'll be bringing you dresses that are "at the top end" of your stated budget.
- Give a bridal salon your REAL phone number. There ought to be a special bridalcodicil to stalking laws.
- Shop is a salon that only stocks single digit sample sizes. Unless you are bride #1 above.
- Fall in love with any dress. This simply guarantees it will be discontinued last week.